Prosperity Calling :: Metallic Skirt + Denim Jacket

Saturday, January 21, 2017 Simone - Your Style Architect 2 Comments


Hi everyone,

As we countdown to the most auspicious time on the Chinese calendar - Chinese New Year, you will see all things red and gold streaming from the shops from decorations, to flowers to outfits. Both being lucky colours to bring in good fortune for the New Year!


Heading into Chinatown or if you are based in Asia ( Singapore / Hong Kong/ Malaysia) you will see lined along the streets and outside most homes and businesses, tons of decorations with fishes ( as the word for fish -"yu" sounds similar to that of the meaning of abundance), chinese characters of luck and spring, rooster and chickens ( this year in particular as 2017 is the Year of the Rooster) and gold ingots. Wearing the same pink shade of lipstick, my little fishy and I was sharing a loving kiss to ring in the New Year.


Back to my outfit - I chose to trend this combination this last weekend before Chinese New Year, simply because with a drastic temperature difference between day and night, my legs were cold ( hence the jeans) however to glam it up I decided to layer it with my favourite metallic skirt which I felt was pretty appropriate for such an occasion (pre- Chinese New Year) just to set the festive mood.






Since mix and matching was the theme of the day, I kept the top simple with a plain tee underneath and a denim jacket to rock the outfit up a notch. Adding a touch of pink ( as red would have been too loud for this outfit), I styled this outfit with my lovely pink suede Gucci bag and finished the look off with my favourite gold glitter slingbacks.

So, Chinese New Year colours complete with pink ( as a substitute for red), gold glitter ( signifying money and wealth) and of course my metallic skirt ( with gold, silver and blue - in my opinion all rich and prosperous in significance).





Brought my little fishy friend along to join in the merriment of this photo shoot.



So, here's wishing all of you a Happy and Prosperous Year of the Rooster! Do stay tune for more Chinese New Year outfit posts coming your way very soon.




T-Shirt & Jeans : H&M // Jacket : American Rag
Skirt : ZARA // Bag : GUCCI
Belt : MANGO // Earrings : gift ( thanks Lauren!)
Choker : Stradivarius // Watch : Michael Kors
Shoes : H&M // Sunglasses : Cotton On
Love,
Simone xoxo Women's Blue Denim Jacket, Gold Sequin Heeled Sandals, Pink Crossbody Bag, Black and Gold Elastic Waist Belt on Lookastic: Blue Denim Jacket, Gold Sequin Heeled Sandals, Pink Crossbody Bag, Black and Gold Elastic Waist Belt

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. wishing you and your family a happy chinese new year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and to you and your family too ! Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.

      Simone xoxo

      Delete