Red, Red Wine :: Embroidered Shirt + Burgundy Cape

Saturday, February 18, 2017 Simone - Your Style Architect 2 Comments


My goodness - is it the weekend again already? How quick the clock is ticking.....

Weather is warming up a fair bit here in Hong Kong but the temperature difference between mornings, day and night is so considerable. Therefore a nice outerwear is still required to keep warm during the mornings and evenings and layering seems to be the answer to dressing these days.



I am sure many of you would have picked up on the embroidery trend on jeans, blouses, shirts, bomber jackets ( and the list goes on...) over  Winter and Spring. Flower motifs, birds, insects seem to be the fave pattern and I would blame Gucci for setting this trend.

Nonetheless, many high street fashion stores like Zara, H&M, Topshop have all picked up on this and therefore you will find many of such similar style shirts and blouses being sold in these boutiques. I fell in love with them as you did but, this was a piece I found in a local boutique for US$ 8!!!


The pretty pheonix pattern called out to me and on a lightweight cotton shirt - this was a no brainer of a buy as it was a versatile piece I could easily mix and match from winter to spring to summer to autumn and hopefully continue to trend it next year.


Naturally as my wardrobe hosted a bunch of mix and match items in my fave shade of Burgundy hence, this was the storyboard for putting this look together. From the cape to the handbag to the skirt and to the ankle booties. Just short of my Burgundy hat ( ha ha ha!)




I have told myself this is it... no more Burgundy buys for now. However just like Olive, I bet it won't be long I would chance upon something else in Burgundy ( or Olive for that matter) and end up buying it. Need to get bolder with colour combinations and selections.

I hope you enjoyed this quick and casual post and look out for my recommendations on evening dresses ( the first of such I would be doing) seeing that Awards Season is here!

Cape : old ( similar here)
Shirt : Coccolatte ( get it heresimilar here & here)
Skirt : M&S ( similar here & here)
Bag & Boots : ZARA ( similar here & here)


Love,
Simone xoxo


You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty mix of wine! I love every single piece alone and together, they make a standout outfit. You're a beauty and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Love, Liz
    stylewich.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz for taking the time to visit and comment. I really hope I can breakout of the love of the Burgundy / Maroon colour palette. My wardrobe is starting to look a little dull....

      Simone xoxo

      Delete